Known issues with Internet Explorer under SharePoint 2010
posted this on September 29, 2011 17:09
During the development of our themes, we found that SharePoint may experience some issues when using non-IE browsers. These are out-of-the-box issues within SharePoint. Among these, are the multiple file upload and drag-and-drop features which will only be available if we use IE browsers.
We have also found a couple of issues with later browsers (even IE). We ship our themes with rendering specified (when using IE) for the lastest available IE browser (to ensure clients with the compatibility view enabled are not seing the browser rendered in IE7/8, which won't allow features such as CSS3). By doing this, our client's browsers will render in IE9 if the browser installed is IE9.
This is done within the master page (_catalogs\masterpage, [BaseTheme].master)
Remember to publish and approve the master page, and completely close the browser in order to make sure the updated master page is shown.
Among the issues found with IE9 are:
- Calendar "New" event won't throw postback when adding
- When the Week Day is enabled (Site Features, Site Administration, Regional Settings or /_layouts/regionalsetng.aspx, "Show week numbers in the Date Navigator"), the mini calendars within the Modal Popup Dialog Box will appear with design issues
- Some clients found issues in the PowerPivot sites (Silverlight app) and were "unable to add AD users to SharePoint groups or site collections"
- The "Sent to" link on context menus does not open the available menu options
- Lookup fields with 20+ items will not display the dropdown list