For APP web part upgrades, please refer to this article instead.
You must refer to this article instead, if you are upgrading from:
* v1.X.X to v2.X.X.X - all web parts except Tiles
* v2.X.X to v3.X.X.X - Tiles web part only
- SharePoint On-Premises or SharePoint Online
- Site Collection Administration rights
- An active BindTuning web parts subscription or trial
Downloading a new version
- Login to your BindTuning account at http://bindtuning.com
- On the left panel select My Downloads > Web Parts
- Check if an update is available
- Enter to view the web part details. Click the Upgrade to version ... button to get the latest web part files.
- Proceed to installation
Upgrading the web part
per Site Collection
Open Site Settings at the root of your site collection
Select Solutions, under Web Design Galleries
You need to activate the Publishing features to see the solutions link; If you don’t have permissions ask your SharePoint Admin to do so
Select the already existing web part solution and Deactivate it
Once it finishes deactivating, Delete the solution from the gallery
On the tool bar click Upload Solution and select the installation .wsp file (ex.
As soon as upload is complete, click on Activate and wait for the page to refresh.