This article applies to all BindTuning App web part upgrades as follows:
* v2.X.X.X or higher - all web parts except Tiles
* v3.X.X.X or higher - Tiles web part only
For WSP web part upgrades, please refer to this article instead.
You must refer to this article instead, if you are upgrading from:
* v1.X.X to v2.X.X.X - all web parts except Tiles
* v2.X.X to v3.X.X.X - Tiles web part only
- SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013+ with the app store configured
- Global SharePoint Administration rights
- An active BindTuning web parts subscription or trial
Uploading to the app catalog
per SharePoint instance
The steps in this section need to be done only once per SharePoint instance by a global SharePoint Administrator. After this initial installation, the web parts will become available for installation in each site collection.
Login to your Office 365 admin center page with an administrator account; select Admin
Open the SharePoint admin center
Select Apps > App Catalog
Open the Apps for SharePoint library
Upload the app file into the library
You may be prompted to replace the existing file on the library; Click yes.
Upgrading the web part
per Site Collection
To upgrade the web part on multiple site collections, simply repeat the following steps on each.
Go to Site Contents on your site collection
Press the ellipsis button on the app and select About
On this page you should see that there is a new version available; Click the Get It button; Wait for the app to finish updating
Once the update is completed, click on the app; Select Update Available
The page will begin re-deploying the web part into your site; Once it’s finished you will have the new version on you site collection.